UMBC graduates are highly sought-after both regionally and nationally. During the 2017-2018 academic year, the Career Center hosted 778 employer visits to connect with UMBC students.
The UMBC Career Center offers a broad range of recruitment programs to assist organizations of all sizes with their recruiting needs.
82% of last year’s graduating seniors engaged with the Career Center during their time at UMBC.
Employers are encouraged to meet with a Career Center representative to develop their UMBC recruitment strategy. Please contact Sue Plitt, Associate Director of Employer Relations and Recruitment Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
The Corporate Relations team — working closely with the Career Center — helps corporate donors and strategic partners find additional ways to reach targeted undergraduate and graduate students, for example through student clubs and organizations, classroom presentations, or sponsorship of events or projects.
- UMBC has around 14,000 students (11,000+ undergraduates and 2500+ graduate students)
- Top employers: Amazon, Northrop Grumman, T. Rowe Price, MedImmune, Morgan Stanley, the National Institutes of Health, the National Security Agency, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
- Largest undergraduate programs (by enrollment): Biology, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Psychology
- Largest graduate programs (by enrollment): Computer Science, Education, Information Systems
- Learn about the UMBC Career Center
- Find out more about UMBC
Internships are Key!
UMBC students are strongly encouraged to pursue professional internships during their academic careers. Over 50% of last year’s graduates reported being employed at an organization where they had interned or worked during college.
Have job or internship openings to post today? You can promote them for free through: UMBCworks.